Lean thinking and Lean Six Sigma have found widespread application in manufacturing and services and more and more companies discover that the principles apply equally well to the innovation creation process. In fact the benefits for applying lean to R&D and innovation in manufacturing and services can be significantly higher than those achieved in plants and offices.
This presentation covers the following topics:
- The key principles and how they are appropriately applied in the different phases of the innovation process
- Examples and case studies of successful implementations
- Key tools and features:
- The lean startup and creation process
- The set based concurrent knowledge development process
- The fast and predictable product creation process
- How to engage people in a lean transformation
About Norbert Majerus
Beginning in 2005, Norbert implemented a principles-based lean product development process at the three global innovation centers of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. For more than a decade he was Goodyear’s lean champion in research and development.
Norbert, born and raised in Luxembourg, has a Master’s degree in Chemistry from the Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany, and worked most of the disciplines in the Goodyear innovation centers in Luxembourg and Akron.
In 2016, Norbert published his first book, Lean-Driven Innovation, which received the Shingo Research Award. Also in 2016, with Norbert’s guidance the Goodyear R&D organization applied for and received the AME Excellence Award.
Norbert has taught workshops and has spoken at many conferences in the United States and other countries. Since retiring from Goodyear in 2017, he continues to share his extensive lean expertise via norbert majerus consulting