Step One: Review PDMA Governance
Step Two: Find 5 or more Interested Members
- Communicate with contacts to determine interest. Invite each person to invite any other interested persons.
- Set a preliminary, informal meeting via teleconference or in-person to discuss benefits, challenges, opportunities and responsibilities of forming a Chapter of PDMA. The purpose of this meeting is to determine if there is adequate interest to
form and maintain a chapter. You may need to have numerous informal discussions in order to assess your level of interest, commitment and to be aligned on goals.
Step Three: Contact the Vice President of Chapters & Staff Liasion
- Email the VP of Chapters and Staff Liasion Arzu Alimohd to share your intent on creating a new PDMA chapter.
- Provide a list of 5 or more interested members to get approval of provisional chapter status
Step Four: Elect Officers
- Determine the chapter board of elected officers. At minimum, there must be:
Step Five: Hold an initial chapter meeting
- PDMA Headquarters can help with developing a list from their database as well as circulating within the networks of the officers.
Step Six: Complete Chapter Application (after at least a year of provisional status)
The organizers must understand that the prospective chapter is under “provisional status” the first operating year. In order to maintain the Chapter and remove its provisional status, the PDMA International Board requires:
- The new Chapter must be active and to show signs of growth in the first year.
- Hold minimum four meetings a year. These meetings may be held in person or through teleconference.
- Completion of Chapter application and receive approval from the Vice President of Chapter Activity
Download Instructions (PDF)