PDMA Announces Outstanding Corporate Innovator Award Finalists
Thursday, August 8, 2019
St. Paul, Minn. (August 15, 2019) – Following a rigorous review process with nominations from around the globe, the Product Development and Management Association (PDMA) announced the 2019 Outstanding Corporate Innovator (OCI) Award finalists. Each finalist was chosen because of demonstrated sustained and quantifiable innovation success linked to disciplined practices & processes. As the next step in the process, the OCI committee is conducting site visits where two committee members spend a day with each finalist in order to get more details on their innovation process and results in order to determine this year’s winner.
This year our finalists came from a wide range of industries. Finalists are:
- The Gorilla Glue Company, a manufacturer of adhesive solutions for do-it-yourselfers, crafters, woodworkers and professionals based in Cincinnati, Ohio,
- John I Haas: Barth-Haas Group, a vertically integrated supplier of hop products and services based in Yakima, Washington,
- Land O’ Lakes Inc, an ag and food production cooperative based in Minnesota,
- Porex Corporation (Filtration Group), a manufacturer of porous polymer products based in Atlanta, Georgia,
- 3M, a corporation operating in the fields of industry, worker safety, health care, and consumer goods based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The OCI Award is the only global innovation award which recognizes sustained and quantifiable business results from new products and services. This year marks the 32nd year in which PDMA has given this prestigious award, and past winners represent a group of global corporations widely recognized and respected for their innovation success. We have a very strong slate of finalists this year and we wish each our best as they compete to become the 2019 OCI Award winner.
At the 2019 PDMA Competitive Edge: Disruption by Design Conference on November 4 in Orlando, Florida, you can expect to hear the innovation practices of the winner, meet the finalists, and learn from them how they are successfully innovating.
“This year’s finalists are particularly strong and each has innovation processes and learnings from which PDMA membership can benefit.,” says Suzanne Thompson, OCI Selection Committee Chair, “I expect the OCI winner presentation and finalists interactions will be the best yet at our conference in Orlando.”
For more information, visit the PDMA website.
The Product Development and Management Association (PDMA) is a community of over 2,000 members whose skills, expertise and experience power the most recognized and respected innovative companies in the world. Established in 1976, PDMA is the only organization that focuses on the unique set of integrated activities involved in the full lifecycle of product development and management, including innovation.