PDMA Pittsburgh Job Board
Position: Senior Project Manager, Advanced Innovation
Company: Philips - Sleep & Respiratory Care Advanced Innovation Team
This role leads the project management of cross functional teams in the research and development of new products and integration of innovative technologies for the Philips – Sleep & Respiratory Care Advanced Innovation team. The role will concentrate on app and backend software development linking to a device to test concepts for commercialization. The candidate must have experience with prototyping concepts through product development. The candidate is responsible for setting and ensuring project objectives are met. This includes developing project plans, monitoring progress, managing external vendors and ensuring deliverables are completed on time and within budget. The successful candidate must be an experienced leader of cross-functional internal and external project teams for medical products developed in a rapid innovation environment similar to a small company or startup. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team integrating innovative technologies to solve patient needs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Project Management of app and backend software development of both external and internal teams.
- Lead multiple projects; develops and implements project plans, including milestones, detailed schedules, budgets, resource plans, cost targets and product quality.
- Defines, tracks and communicates key project metrics and milestones, includes facilitation of project and design reviews and participation in executive reviews.
- Proactively identifies and mitigates project risks; responsible for elevating critical business decisions to appropriate management.
- Establishes and directs activities of contract engineering and design partnersUnderstand and apply agile and lean principles as appropriate.
- Fosters alignment, accountability and collaborative way of working across entire extended project team.
- Escalates effectively to program, functional and contracted partner management to achieve project goals.
- Maintains detailed knowledge and adherence to the Quality System and processes used for the creation and continued compliance of medical devices.
- Collaborates closely with Quality, Global Sourcing, Operations, Regulatory, Marketing and Finance groups to prioritize and establish sustaining engineering processes and infrastructure required of a new to company/world productAssure product specifications are set appropriately by coordinating marketing, regulatory, quality assurance, and clinical personnel.
- Create and maintain an innovative working environment that encourages teamwork, learning agility, and individual contributions.
- Creatively resource project using internal, external and contract resources.
- Team with Associates across Philips to achieve project goals and obtain required information and status.
- Collaborates with Project Managers in other areas of the business group and across Philips to create a community of practice, leverage standardization and drive positive development within the function.
- Able to mentors other project managers in our team.
- BS degree in an engineering or related technical discipline required, Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a technical project manager leading projects with substantial app / backend commercial software development (not internal IT development), medical software development preferred.
- Familiar with Agile, Scrum and rapid prototype development.
- Able to execute projects of significant complexity and uncertainty from concept thru initial prototype with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in leading technical and design teams, including contract resources
- Experience utilizing a disciplined, structured, and repetitive product development process, including marketing, engineering, industrial design, and manufacturing.
- Direct experience with FDA, MDD, & ISO Quality System Requirements (including safety and regulatory testing) and their application within a medical product development environment.
- Demonstrated experience with facilitating strong collaboration across multiple geographic locationsAbility to effectively lead and manage within a matrix organization.
- Experience interacting with industrial design resources, human factors exposure a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong competency in customer focus, driving for results, integrity, trust, ethics, values, and compassion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Project Management Software, and demonstrated ability to learn other business software.
- PMP and Scrum certification a plus.
- Leadership - Create and maintain an environment that encourages both team and individual contributions. Empower interpersonal styles of team members toward achieving project objectives. Manage the uncertainties of technology, marketing and clinical feasibility in new to the company/world type projects.
- Teaming - Leverage available resources and capabilities (internal/external) to execute and achieve project objectives. Source additional resources as needed to meet project goals.
- Planning & Organization - Achieve project objectives through effective coordination of resources. Anticipate and plan for risks and establish mitigations.Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Detail and action-oriented with ability to organize resources and effectively prioritize, multi-task, delegate and follow-up.
- Conflict Management – ability to successfully lead project team through internal and external conflicts
Interested candidates should contact Andreas Maihoefer, PDMA Pittsburgh President