The Chicago Chapter of PDMA is proud to bring you interesting, educational, and entertaining events.
We operate on a program year similar to the academic year - from Fall through Spring.
Our programming is a presentation of topics spanning best practices and state-of-the-art tools for product developers and managers. We aim our content for career and new product development professionals and managers. There is something in our programs for everyone in the product development community.
Every event is structured to encourage collaboration between presenter and audience member. We value the opportunities to meet and know better others in our community. We hope to see you at a coming event.
Please see below for a list of upcoming events. For a full description and to register for upcoming events, click on the event title. If you are not a current chapter community member, you will be prompted to join the chapter and then can proceed to registration.
If you have an idea for a program event, please contact Steve Jambor or Ted Squires, Chapter VP, Programs.
Our Gold Level Sponsors:
- Beyond Ideas: Rethinking the Front End of Innovation by Patrick O'Brien and Karim Sadroudine of Minelight Solution
- Could Your Organization Be More Agile? Using Agile Methodolgies in New Product Development by David Babicz, Certified Scrum Master & Practice Lead, Solstice Consulting
- World Intellectual Property (IP) Day Celebration with Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Kraft's Upsurge in Innovation Performance by Barry Calpino, VP of Breakthrough Innovation at Kraft
- Harnessing the Power of Serial Innovators
- New Products and Services for the Next Billion Customers at Derrick Kiker and Robert Mathis, McKinsey & Company
- New Product Development Job Trends (NPD Recruiting presenting their survey results) at University of Chicago Gleacher Center
- Networking Reception with the Licensing Executives Society
- Crowdsourcing: Using Consumer-Based Data Successfully Early in the Product Development Cycle at Microsoft's Technology Center with Cam Balzer, CMO Threadless, and Debra Zahay-Blatz, Restaurant.com Professor of Interactive Marketing, Northern Illinois University
- Shure: Let Your Customers Rock You! Using Customer Passion to Inspire Your New Product Development Teams by Jeff Meunier, Shure
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Open Innovation, Exploring Open Innovation Models to Maximize Your IP Value, by Ada C. Nielsen, Director, Intellectual Asset Strategy & Management Team, BP America
- Conference - "Innovating" in Chicagoland: How to Compete in the Post-Recession Global Economy
- Politics of Product Development by Judith Hale, held at Solo Cup
- "TRIZ" Your New Product Development for Breakthrough Innovation by Jack Hipple held at Kenmore Live Studio
- Systems Engineering Principles for Commercial Product Developments by Randall C Iliff, Bjorksten | bit 7
- Driving Innovation in a Low Margin Business by Tim Simonds, Managing Director - Customer Experience at United Airlines, held at Motorola
- Winning at Innovation: Lessons Learned from the Front Lines. Panel discussion held at Google with Dr. Tawfik Sharkasi (VP and Chief Science and Technology Office for the Wm Wrigley Jr. Company), Angela Joyner (VP/GM of the Refrigerated group at ConAgra Foods), Amy Larson (Principal, Kuczmarski and Associates), David Schmahl (Sr. Director of the SmithBucklin Innovation Center) and Ted Souder (Team Leader for Google Experience at Google). Moderated by Tom Kuczmarski (Senior Partner and President, Kuczmarski and Associates)
- Lean Product Development - Theory and Practice at Watlow by Christopher Lanham, Dir. Of Engineering
- Value Based Marketing: Using Fact-Based Methods to Prove the Value of Your Innovation bu John Watts, PhD
- Raising Your Innovation Quotient: Creativity Competencis for the 21st Century by Adam Shames, Kreativity Network
- The Lean Machine - Creating Innovation Flow Through Lean Product Development by Dantar Oosterwal (formerly of Harley Davidson)
- Improv Improve Innovation by Sarah Finch of Second City and Christopher Miller of Innovation Focus
- Conference - From Top-Line to Product-Line Focus: Achieving Growth Through Product Development Best Practices. Voice of the Customer with Abbie Griffen (Author and Professor of Marketing, University of Utah) and Tony Ulwick (Author and Founder and CEO of Strategyn); Ideation with Yoni Stern (Manager of US Operations, SIT (System Inventive Thinking) and Alexis Driscoll (Principal, Outpoint Consulting); NPD Process with Robert Shelton (Director, Product Innovation Practice, PRTM Management Consultants) and Mike Kennedy (Author, Founder, Targeted Convergence Corporation)
- Case New Holland Product Development - Virtual Reality Center
- Radio Flyer "The Little Red Wagon Grows Up" with Robert Pasin, CEO, and Tom Schlegel, VP Product Development
- From Theory to Practice: UIC's Interdisciplinary Product Development Program and its New Innovation Center with Professor Al Page and Mike Douglass
- Improve Your Product Development Portfolio for Maximum Health and Performance by Eugene Kania
- Four Keys to Developing Innovative Products